Latest news: --- Activation Launch x431 EasyDiag Golo + Other - Fast & Low Price - 14 days/ 1 year --- Remote Install VAG - VAS PC, ODIS-E, ODIS-S + ETKA, ELSA --- Help Service History VW --- Iveco Easy Interface --- PET2 Update 5150 Multilingual is availeble --- MB WIS 2019-03 and 2019-04 --- How to do coding with monaco --- Peugeot 207 is absent service box prog --- ODIS 5.1.5-NEW Postsetup 2.7.2019 - 89.0.190 --- PET2 Update 5140 Multilingual is availeble --- TOYOTA Techstream V14.10.034 Software(support for the new Supra) --- Xentry OpenShell XDOS 2019.07 --- VmWare Saf-Holland 2012 + Online --- VmWare Etka 8.1 + Porsche Pet2 + ElsaWin --- HELP - DELPHI 2015.1 R3 or 2016.0 KEEPS ASKING FOR ACTIVATION AFTER RESETTING PC --- help volvo S40 synchronisation --- VmWare Ford Europe 2019-02 Free for all --- Renault Captur 2015 left hand drive --- mercedes xentry das software 2019.07v --- C3plus 91.10 ---

Thank You For Your Registration AP Forum!!! We Wish You A Good Time AP Forum!!!

Do not wait for the registration to confirm your email, your account is automatically activated AP Forum!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No More OBD Socket
Wurth 
Hi, Just thought I wold bring this matter to everyones attention in the hope that we can put a halt to the process.

For the past couple years I have been protesting against plans to remove the OBD socket from motor vehicles from 2021, I have written to the government and received quite rude responses and have written to the European Parliment who have been a little more understanding.

The plan to remove the OBD socket was put forward by vehicle manufacturers, removal of the OBD socket would give them more control, independant garages and vehicle owners would be unable to download diagnostic trouble codes and access live and freeze frame data, the only person able to do this under the plans would be the main dealer on either a one off basis or as part of a subscription.

The type approval put forward includes keeping the OBD socket but this is by no means a guarantee that they will, I would like to ask that anyone who cares should contact their MEP (Member of European Parliment) and state that they want to keep the OBD socket.

More info can be found here:

MEP's can be found here:

Thanks for reading this.

Regards
Peter
Thanks given by: